Finding solutions to problems involving
- Soil run-off and erosion
- Water pollution or water availability
- Diffuse pollution of nutrients and pesticides into watercourses
Accessing funding for
- Land management improvements e.g. buffer strips, cover crops, low-input grassland, enhanced management of maize crops, earth banks and soil bunds etc.
- Capital works e.g. concrete yard renewal, covers for slurry lagoons, bio beds for pesticide treatment, roofing for manure storage, rainwater harvesting equipment etc.
- Tree planting
- Farming with lower inputs
- Assistance with applications to Agri-environment schemes
Increasing wildlife and game through
- Establishing and managing farmland habitats
- Establishing and managing cover crops, small woodlands and hedgerows
Complying with legislation including
- Water Framework Directive
- Nitrate Vulnerable Zones
- Cross Compliance
For FREE help and advice on protecting soil, water and wildlife contact Mark Simmons on 07851 093532 or 01983 823855 and by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Free on-farm advisory visits
Free on-farm advice visits can be undertaken by specialists on a range of topics. Some of the visits tie in with potential Countryside Stewardship options or Capital Grant applications to improve your farming business. We offer:
- CSF general visit – scope for overall better farm management
- Nutrient Management Planning – important for meeting NVZ requirements
- Countryside Stewardship – use grant support to improve the farm
- Farm Infrastructure Audit – check if buildings etc. in good order
- Slurry and manure handling & storage – meeting cross compliance?
- Water Management Planning – make best use from rainfall and ground sources
- Soil husbandry and training – can your soils deal with drought and flood?
- Pesticide handling & application – up-to-date with the regulations?
- Bio bed & pesticide facilities and design – best practice to avoid pollution
- Soil and manure/slurry testing – make the best decisions on fertiliser applications
- Farm machinery management – is your kit best suited to current operations?