Facts & Figures
|Catchment area||390 sq. km (150 sq. miles)|
|Surface drinking water source||1|
Where do springs, ditches, streams and rain falling on your farm go?
35 water bodies divide > 6 sub-catchments
- Western Yar with Barnfield Stream, Compton Chine and Thorley Brook.
- Southwest Coast: Brook Chine, Chilton Chine, Atherfield Stream, Walpen Chine, Brighstone Stream.
- Newtown Estuary & NW Coast includes Great Thorness Stream, Little Thorness Stream, Gurnard Luck, Ningwood Stream, Caul Bourne, Fleetlands Copse Stream, Rodge Brook, Clamerkin Brook, Newton Brook.
- Medina – Dodnor Creek, Lukely Brook, Alverstone Stream.
- Eastern Yar: Lower Eastern Yar, Middle Eastern Yar (inc. Arreton Stream, Scotchell’s Brook, Upper Eastern Yar, Shanklin Chine Stream, Wroxall Stream.
- Northeast Coast: Barton Manor Stream, Palmers Brook, Blackbridge Brook, Quarr Stream, Binstead Stream, Monktonmead Brook, Pondwell Stream, Nettlestone Stream